Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Moving Day...

Today I woke up one week old. One whole week! That's one hand and two fingers. Once I run out of fingers and toes I may need to start using the attached wires to keep track of how old I am. I wonder what my Mommy and Daddy use.

I saw Mommy and Daddy coming in to see me, but before they were able to scrub their hands, Nurse Liz said I was moving today. I wasn't sure about how I felt about moving. Moving means a bus. A bus means surgery. Surgery means a visit from that anesthesiologist. And we all know how I feel about that. However, this time was different. The nurses began to unhook the cords and tubes from the wall behind me, and that never happens. All of the monitors, bags and medical gear were loaded in the shelf below me. The wheels of my bed were unlocked and I began to move, slowly at first. As we cleared Room 5's doorway and hit the NICU straightaway we were breaking the 2 mph mark. My warming bed converted into an all terrain vehicle!
Nurse Liz was sitting in her rocking chair, so I gave her a wave goodbye, along with my fellow NICU roommates in room 5.

The trip in my new ATV ended at the door of Room 1. I so was nervous to meet my new roommates, but once we entered Mommy told me she remembered meeting Mia here. Mommy and Daddy met Mia and her mommy the day before I received my tracheotomy to talk with a someone who experienced what we're going through. Once we entered, I saw Mia and she was incredibly nice so I felt right at home in my new room. Once moving day was over and all my gear was hooked up, to my satisfaction, it was Mommy time. There is no place or time like Mommy time. I napped in those perfect arms for almost an hour. I'm hooked.

Later that day, I moved yet again. This time my ATV drove me up to a cold room with a long table which had a giant metal arm attached to the ceiling. As soon as we entered and parked, my nurse moved me onto the table. She grabbed a tiny tube and slipped it into a place where no man wants a tube. I was not happy with that. It entered my bladder and made me pee. It was so embarrassing. Then, to make matters worse, liquid rushed into my bladder and then they started to take x-rays of what happened. It comes out! That's what happens! It comes out! I'm only a week old and I know what happens. As soon as that debacle was over, I drove back to Room 1 and took a long well deserved nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Family

Our Family

Daddy & Noah

Daddy & Noah

Kc & Rebecca

Kc & Rebecca

The Counter

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP