Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Pumping

Since Noah was born, I have been expressing breast milk for him. Over these past six months, I have truly developed a love/hate relationship with my pump. I loved the fact that it allowed me to give my little man the best food I could, but I hated the amount of time it took to pump and always feeling like we were attached at the hip (well not actually at the hip, but you get the idea).
I originally set a goal of pumping for six months, knowing that without a goal I would be more likely to quit. I thought six months was SO long, but here we are. I must admit that I am not the least bit sad about quitting. I gave Mr. Man the best I could and am now thrilled to say good-bye and pack the pump away.

8 comments:

  1. What an interesting milestone to reach! Good for you setting this goal ahead of time, and then reaching it. As with everything else you do, he will reap the benefits of you choosing to always do the best you can for him. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute picture :-) I must say these pumps have come a long way in the last ten years. Even though it would still be cumbersome, I imagine that it would be an advantage to be able to move around and be somewhat productive. Congrats on meeting your goal; Noah is all the more healthier because of your dedication!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! As a soon to be pumping working mom I admire your dedication. While your pump is retiring mine is just about to get started. Love Katy Mc

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK- that picture of you is hysterical. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the picture! Congrats on going Six months. I have to say that pumping was much more difficult then nursing so kutos to you, What an awesome gift you gave your son :)
    Jennifer Miller

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember the day i stopped pumping. What a joyous day it was! The worst was pumping at work. You did great and hope to see your lovely family soon.

    Jenny Tienken

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pumping at work was the worst! My school principal and district superintendent walked into my classroom one lunch period while I was pumping. How mortifying! Thank goodness for my Hooter Hider.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! Knowing all three of you, I CANNOT EVEN IMAGINE what that was like!!

    ReplyDelete

Our Family

Our Family

Daddy & Noah

Daddy & Noah

Kc & Rebecca

Kc & Rebecca

The Counter

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP