Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Father's Day Presents

Ever since Kc and Noah created the most wonderful Mother's Day gift for me,  I have been wracking my brain trying to think of something equally as creative.  I pinned a couple of things on Pinterest, like this, and this, and decided to just let the "creative juices" flow at the craft store.  

Bubs went with me and helped me pick out two {one for Daddy and one for PopRo} square canvases, some alphabet stickers, and a few bottles of paint.  I painted each canvas with the base color {orange for Daddy and Red for PopRo} and put the stickers on.
Then it was time for Bubs to get painting.  I pulled out all the colors of gray paint I had and even mixed up a few new ones to create about ten different shades of gray.
Noah was very careful in the beginning and I quickly realized that this project was going to take more than one day. 
After the first few layers of gray paint.
Noah asked me, "I touch it?" as he was already sticking his finger in the wet paint.
After the top had dried, I went ahead and painted the sided the darkest gray color I had.  The second day, we used a fairly dry brush, small amounts of paint, and I let Bubs add layers of color.
"Is the paint brush wet?", he asked me.  Why yes, it is!
Notice the swoopy lines of color on the canvas {yes, I just made up that word}, that was exactly what I wanted.  Layers, upon layers, upon layers of a single color.
Painting is SO MUCH FUN!
Bubs helped me carefully peel the stickers off the canvas.
True masterpieces!
Bubs couldn't wait to deliver his presents!

2 comments:

Our Family

Our Family

Daddy & Noah

Daddy & Noah

Kc & Rebecca

Kc & Rebecca

The Counter

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP