Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

It takes a village

On Monday, I returned to work for for the 2009 - 2010 school year. Although the first day of school for the students was Monday, the staff actually reported back a few days prior for meetings and in-services. It was a very sad day for me but I know that Noah will be well cared for.

It truly takes a village to raise a child, especially one with special needs. Because of Noah's trach and G-tube, he cannot go to an average daycare but there is a daycare center for medically fragile children that is opening up in Fresno. We are in the process of filling out all the paperwork - and boy is there a lot of paperwork - and getting the funding squared away, but are hopeful that Noah will start attending Loretta's Little Miracles on Mondays and Tuesdays. Wednesdays and Thursdays belong to Nana. She has graciously agreed to watch Mr. Man two days a week and Noah couldn't be happier. On Fridays, Noah gets to hang out at home with our good friend Lindsay. She is trach and g-tube trained and will soon be studying to become a nurse.

There are so many people in Noah's life who love and care for him. Although I would much rather be the one taking care of him full time, I am confident that those around him will do an awesome job.

5 comments:

  1. It's great to read about Loretta's Little Miracles. God is good! Noah couldn't be in better hands when he is away from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH!!! I know Loretta! I think she is just awesome!! That super exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome provision of people you have. Coincidence? I think not!! Love the new layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice new blog...WOW...sounds like Loretta's Little Miracles will be just the right fit for Noah :) What a great way for him (and mommy) to meet new friends. A little miracle indeed...good luck kicking off another year :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So funny how great minds think a like. I keep on repeating to myself all week it takes a village to raise a child everytime I pick up jack from daycare. It is so true, it does take a village. Everyone brings diffrent things to the table and I really think the kids benfit from taht. I am glad things are working out with your village. Katy Mc

    ReplyDelete

Our Family

Our Family

Daddy & Noah

Daddy & Noah

Kc & Rebecca

Kc & Rebecca

The Counter

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP